Owasco RV Rental informationQUALITY SETS US APART
- Over 30 years of reliability service with the highest standard of quality
- Our regular fleet contains 2017-2020 year models with maximum 60,000km. (Currently 10% of our fleet are 2017 models, 40% of our fleet are 2018 models, 50% of our fleet are 2019 models)
- Our fleet consists of C-Class motorhomes manufactured by Coachmen, Winnebago, Jayco & Roadtrek Van Conversions
- Our units cost 20% more over our competitors, we pay for the “premium” models from our suppliers. Which goes hand in hand with our premium service.
- Fuel efficient deluxe RV’s: RS22, C23 Fuse, C24 Diesel
- Drawers are on ball bearing tracks for smooth operation and secure locking
- Extra large storage compartments
- Rear air suspension for a more comfortable smoother ride
- Residential quality mattresses for long lasting and comfortable sleep
- Superior linen and duvets to remind you of your bed at home while you are in the woods
- We think of the small details, our equipment kits come standard with: Toilet Toss In’s (not liquid), 2 rolls of Toilet Paper, Salt & Pepper Shakers.???????
- Large thermal plane windows for better noise control, insulation and sightseeing make the RV bright & inviting
- Skylights for lots of natural light
- Break resistant dishes
- Many units have slide-outs & back-up cameras in the dashboard
- Snap latches on cabinet doors for secure locking
- Rear air suspension for a better ride
- Generators available
- Awnings available
- Extra long extension cords to easily reach the power hook ups (24’ or longer)
- Our attention to detail for the vacation of your lifetime!
- CDR Insurance included in daily rate; CDR insurance reduces the customer’s insurance risk from $7500 to $2000
- Family owned business, serving you and your clients since 1972
- Modern and welcoming station for comfortable arrivals and pick up
- FREE 24h Ford, GM and Mercedes Benz Roadside assistance
- FREE WIFI available at our station for all customers
- FREE transfer to/from Oshawa Go Train Station (city train).
- FREE road maps, tour information, camping guides and information on special attractions and special events
- FREE luggage storage
- Our trained rental staff will recommend and reserve campgrounds on the customers behalf if requested.
- Conveniently located near all major highways to all popular destinations
- Conveniently located minutes from local grocery stores
- Instructions for use of vehicles are given by our friendly, multilingual and competent staff who will also assist clients by phone in case of emergency
- Reliable support and multilingual reference manuals
- $5 million public liability coverage per unit
- Always open for long term or full term discounts, ask us about our full season rates!
- We always go above & behind to help our clients
Owasco RV Rental Rental TermsPAYMENTS
A non-refundable deposit will be taken from your nominated credit card at time of booking confirmation. This percentage of the total fees will vary depending on the number of days your booking is placed before travel commencement. The balance payment due will be deducted from your nominated credit card 35 days prior to the commencement of your rental. Please ensure there are sufficient funds available on your card for the balance to be collected at least 35 days prior to your rental commencing.
If you are booking within 35 days of travel the entire cost of the rental will be transacted from your nominated credit card at time of booking confirmation.
Note on foreign currency bookings: full balance of payment (including the deposit) will be collected at the time of confirmation if you have elected to process your booking in a currency different to CAD$. Some charges may be payable directly to your rental station upon arrival, these will be itemised as such in your breakdown of pricing if and where applicable.
Upon confirmation that your selected vehicle is available a non refundable booking deposit will be taken from your nominated credit card. In addition to this the following cancellation fees apply:
Up to 33 days prior to departure CAN$200.00 plus taxes
33 - 19 days before scheduled departure 60% of total rental charges plus taxes
18 - 4 days before scheduled departure 75% of total rental charges plus taxes
3 days before scheduled departure or No show 100% of the total rental charges plus taxes
CANCELLATION FEE FOR GROUP BOOKINGS:
The initial deposit paid is non-refundable. In addition to forfeiting your deposit, the following charges also apply:
Up to 93 days before pick up $100 per vehicle + taxes
92-34 days before pick up $300 per vehicle + taxes
33-19 days before pick up 60% of rental charges + taxes
18-04 days before pick up 75% of rental charges + taxes
3 days before scheduled departure or No show 100% of rental charges + taxes GROUP RESERVATIONS: Reservations for six or more vehicles traveling together are considered a group booking. We encourage groups to travel in Off & Shoulder Seasons. For groups with more than 20 participants, special coach transfer arrangements may have to be made. Cost for the coach transfer will be at the booking agent’s expense. For group bookings we require a down payment/deposit of 50% of the invoice amount 90 days prior to rental pick up & the balance 30 days prior to rental pick up.
CHANGES TO A BOOKING:
When changes are made to a booking, for the first change there is no charge, but for all subsequent changes there will be a charge for $50 per change.
We strongly recommend that clients ensure they take out the highest level of Travel Insurance. In many cases this will cover any losses incurred if you are forced to cancel your booking.
- CDR insurance included in the daily rate
- 5 million public liability coverage per unit
- 24h Ford/GM/Mercedes Benz Roadside assistance
- No additional drivers fees for the first 2 drivers
- Free road maps, tour information, camping guides and information on special attractions and special events
- Free transfer to/from Whitby GO train station (city train)
- Rates are in $CAD
- Rates are subject to change without notice
- Refundable Security Deposit
- Rental rates do not come with free kms. You can either choose to pay $0.40/km at the end of your hire or you can purchase discounted mileage packs on this website.
- Fuel and LPG costs
- Vehicle preparation fee
- Airport and hotel transfers
- Applicable taxes
- Convenience kits (linen/bedding), pre-paid mileage and other additional extras are available at an extra cost
Monday – Friday 8:00am – 5:00pm
Saturday: 9:00am – 4:00pm
Sundays & Holidays: Closed
New Year’s Eve January 1
Family Day February 17
Good Friday April 10
Victoria Day May 18
Canada Day July 1
Labour Day September 7
Thanksgiving Day October 12
Christmas Day December 25
Boxing Day December 26
Please remember that Owasco is closed on Sundays and holidays, therefore we are unable to book pickups and drops offs accordingly.
RENTAL PICK UP:
1. Rental Pick-up is between 10:00 & 15:00 (by appointment only)
2. Clients must call or email their pick-up station at least three days before their pick up (between 8:00-16:30) to book their pick-up appointment. Their pick-up time will not be considered confirmed until they have confirmed with one of our rental clerks. If a transfer to the station has been requested, it can be booked the day before (between 15:00-16:30) or the morning of (between 8:00-9:30).
3. Upon delivery of the vehicle, the client must hold a voucher containing the particulars of the rental: party’s name, reference number, type of vehicle, items prepaid and items to be paid locally.
4. The client must pick-up and return the vehicle at Owasco station as specified in the reservation confirmation.
We require all customers to complete our VIP Check-In in advance of their rental. Forms can be located on the Owasco RV Rental Website.
1. Owasco does not provide car seats or booster seats for clients travelling with children. Car seats are mandatory for children under nine in Canada.
2. Transfer times are between 10:00 and 14:00
3. No transfer for bikes!
4. We do not transport large items such as golf clubs, bikes etc.
CHILDERN TRAVELLING ALONG:
It’s important that the customer advises us at the time of booking of the ages of children travelling along and how many of them are in child seats.
VEHICLE RETURN HOURS:
1. Drop off Times are between 08:00 and 10:00. No drop off after 10:00, No Exceptions.
2. Late returns are inconvenient for both Owasco and the customers waiting at the station to pick up their motorhome. Therefore, late returns are subject to a $50 per hour late charge.
3. No refunds for early returns. When a unit is returned early, and a return transfer has been booked, it will be considered void if the unit is not dropped off during the designated drop off times between 08:00 and 10:00
4. If the rented vehicle is returned to any location other than Owasco RV, the renter agrees to pay a return service charge of $3 per km (with a minimum charge of $100)
Pick-up and Drop-off at Airport Hotels available Monday through Saturday
Drop off at the Toronto airport available Monday-Saturday
Pickup or return to Toronto Downtown Hotels are not available.
CITY TRAIN (Downtown Toronto Transfers): Wish to stay in Toronto’s downtown? Take the CITY TRAIN! Owasco offers free transfers to/from Oshawa GO Train Station Monday through Saturday. The Go Train runs daily with departures every 30 minutes direct from Toronto’s Downtown to Oshawa and Oshawa to Toronto's Downtown. Oshawa GO TRAIN station is located just 5 minutes from our Rental Station. Toronto’s Union Pearson (Train from Airport to Downtown) Runs every 15 minutes. The customer convenience and ease is unbeatable with the Go Train, and with rail lines running directly next to Lake Ontario customers will enjoy a very scenic route before arriving at our station. Clients may view Go Train schedules at anytime via website at www.gotransit.com Or may download a mobile app onto their cellar device. Union Pearson Train: https://www.upexpress.com/
US BOARDER CROSSING:
Travelling into the United States is allowed at no extra charge.
We spend 60-90 minutes with our customers to personally familiarize them with our vehicle and if required we will take them for a short test drive. There is plenty of opportunity to ask questions.
Here is what customers can expect during their orientation:
1. A thorough explanation of the vehicle, appliances and rental contract provided by one of our multi-lingual rental clerks.
2. Each customer receives a manual with information on how to maintain and operate the RV safely, including what to do in case of a breakdown or an accident.
3. Payment will be collected for the additional insurance, damage deposit, cleaning deposit and any items that were not pre-paid.
4. Advice will be given on driving in Canada, including rules and regulations of the road. A short test drive is possible upon request.
5. The clients will receive free tour packages, maps and campsite information, along with a personal explanation of things to do and see.
6. Free storage of luggage is available upon request.
Every renter must have a valid credit card to be able to rent an RV from OWASCO. The renter is responsible for the vehicle and will be charged for any misuse or undue care, mechanical damage due to negligence in vehicle operation or failure to provide normal maintenance. This includes checking engine oil, fluids and coolant levels at each refueling, as well as reporting mechanical failures immediately. Necessary repairs over $75 require prior authorization from our office. Insurance coverage is void by not reporting any damage to OWASCO and Insurance Company within 24 hrs.
Fuel costs are the renter’s responsibility. No claim is made as to fuel consumption. The fuel tank is full before departure and we expect it to be full up on return. A $20 service charge, in addition to the fuel cost, will be applied if the RV is returned without a full tank of gas.
If for any reason the reserved vehicle is not available, Owasco reserves the right to substitute a vehicle of equivalent value, to refund all payments without further liabilities, or offer a higher rated vehicle at no extra cost to the renter. Any subsequent expenses (additional ferry costs, gasoline, etc.) are the renters responsibility. Should a lower rated vehicle be offer, Owasco’s only obligation is to refund the cost difference between the two vehicles. In the event that the renter refuses to accept the vehicle offered, the renter acknowledges that all payments will be forfeited and he/she will have no further loss or damage against Owasco.
No refunds for early returns, Owasco will not refund any reservation cancelled, missed or otherwise as a result of act of God, or war or an act of terrorism.
DRIVER AGE RESTRICTIONS
All drivers must be a minimum of 21 years of age and a maximum of 76 years of age, and must have a valid drivers license. VIP/CDR insurance is mandatory for all drivers under 25 years of age.
Customers renting OWASCO vehicles from our regular fleet, have 24-hour Ford, Chevrolet and Mercedes roadside assistance in Canada and the USA.
Our Casual Camping fleet is excluded from roadside assistance, due to mileage. This service does not cover the expenses for non-mechanical difficulties such as running out of gas, cooling fluids or oil, tire and radio problems, air conditioning, losing keys, non functioning appliances.
We also give our customers a toll free emergency phone number where we can be reached daily from 8am to 5pm.
We therefore do not cover any cost incurred by use of cell phones.
NORTHERN RENTALS: (minimum 7 nights)
A surcharge of $300 applies to rentals travelling north of Fort St. John on the Alaska Hwy, Cassiar Hwy, into Yukon and Alaska. Travel on the Dempster Hwy (also referred to as Yukon Highway 5 and the Northwest Territories Highway 8) into the NW Territories and Nunavut is not permitted. Northern use must be specified and confirmed at time of reservation. We allow northern rentals with non-slide C20’, C22’-C24’. No vans are permitted for northern travel. Please note that insurance coverage is void if travelling in restricted areas without authorization. Repairs, damages and delays caused by mechanical breakdowns will be the responsibility of the renter.
CHARGES FOR ADDITIONAL DRIVERS:
We allow 2 drivers per vehicle. For the 3rd, and all subsequent drivers, there is an additional charge of $10 per day, per additional driver.
FLOOR PLAN VARIATION AND VEHICLE SPECIFICATIONS:
Floor plans and specifications may vary within each rental category, and are subject to change without notice. Information supplied with reference to a vehicle description is general. We cannot guarantee a specific unit or floor plan when making a reservation. CLEANING
We are proud of the condition of our motorhomes, and they are all non-smoking. To avoid extra charges, we expect all rental
units to be returned clean inside and out, with all holding tanks empty and the gas tank full. A cleaning deposit of $150 is processed on the renter’s credit card at pick up. No pets/animals allowed in units. No smoking allowed in any of the vehicles!
$500 Smoking/pets fine
$75/hour inside/outside cleaning
$150 dumping fee per tank
$20 fuel refill service fee + fuel
OWASCO maintains liability coverage on all its rental vehicles to a maximum of $5,000,000 for any bodily injury and property damage liability claims arising from the operation or use of its rental vehicles. Premiums for this basic public liability coverage are included in all rental rates, which also include premiums for collision insurance and comprehensive insurance (CDR) with a deductible of $1,500 per occurrence. All coverage and waivers are subject to the express terms of the rental contract and of the applicable motor vehicle insurance contract.
In the event of an accident, insurance coverage is voided by not reporting damage to Owasco RV and the police within 24 hours of the incident taking place.
DAMAGE TO VEHICLE
In the event of loss or damage to vehicle while on rental, whether or not due to the fault of the rental customer, the customer’s responsibility for direct and accidental loss or damage to the vehicle is limited to a maximum of $1,500 per occurrence. There is no limit however, if the vehicle incurs loss or damage not covered by the insurance as outlined in the insurance table.
At time of rental we charge the renter’s credit with a Cleaning Deposit of $150/$250 Class A and take a signed imprint as an Insurance Deposit. Security Deposits are refundable upon vehicle’s check-in if it has been returned: On-time, un-damaged, clean, equipment complete, holding tanks empty and gas tank 100% full. Deposits given by charge credit cards, will be refunded the same.
TRAVEL RESTRICTIONS Parking in Montreal & Ottawa is not allowed, if vehicle is stolen customer will be responsible for loss. Motorhomes are not permitted on Dempster Hwy, Inuvik, Northwest Territories, Mexico or Death Valley, California, and Black Rork Desert (Burning Man). Travel in Alaska and Yukon, on Cassiar Hwy or Alaska Hwy is permitted with a Northern Surcharge (conditions apply). Motorhomes are not permitted on roads designated on the official provincial or state maps as “other roads - gravel or dirt.” BREAKDOWN AND REPAIRS
The Client acknowledges the possibility of a mechanical failure or breakdown, and acknowledges that such occurrence is an inherent contingency associated with the operation of the vehicle, and that such contingency is beyond the control of Owasco. The client agrees to hold Owasco harmless from and against any loss of time, transportation costs, inconvenience, and loss of food in the vehicle, and any and all expenses resulting from such failure or breakdown.
Owasco will make all reasonable efforts to assist the client to obtain help or arrange for repairs, subject to the location of the vehicle and business hours of the repair facilities. Owasco has the right to refuse service to any customer. We also reserve the right to NOT REPLACE a damaged unit in the even that the damage is due to a self-inflicted accident. Please note that we do not refund cell phone costs incurred for on-the-road calls.
Our customers are advised at the time of pick up of numbers that they can call should roadside assistance be required.
Toronto Office: Monday-Friday (08:00-18:00) and Saturday (08:00-16:00)
Telephone: 1-866-579-2267 or 905-579-7573
2019 INSURANCE INFORMATION AND DEPOSITS
- Failure to maintain all fluid levels;
- Failure to use specified fuel or use of contaminated fuel; or fuel in water system;
- Operation by anyone under 21 years of age, not licensed or not listed on the rental agreement;
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs;
- Deliberate or wilful damage by renter or guests;
- Damage to the interior of the Motorhome;
- Travel in restricted areas;
- Towing of any kind;
- Freezing of the vehicle's systems;
- More passengers than the available seat belts;
- Damage occurring in an accident that the renter has failed to report to Owasco, Insurance Company or police within 24 hours,
- Self-Caused Accidents: Owasco reserves the right to deny replacing the vehicle depending on cause of accident.
- Motor home theft in Montreal and Ottawa (except in specified campgrounds)
- Damages to awnings, if unit is equipped with an awning and damages occur, even if not in use, damages are not covered by insurance and customer will be responsible.
- Flat Tires
- Failure to use tow-haul when driving on steep hills
1st and 2nd driver no charge; 3rd driver and more $10/driver/day (max. $300 per add.driver )
ALL INCLUSIVE PACKAGE (12 night min. rental)
This option includes Convenience kits, Prep. Fee and Transfers (up to 4 passengers)
100km per day packages, 500km packages can be prepaid at time of reservation
Extra Km: CAD$0.40 per kilometer; Payable upon return of the vehicle; charged on all vehicles
Toronto departures ------ 13%
All rentals are charged a mandatory preparation fee of $90. this includes the first propane fill, travel kit, one package of RV toilet paper and septic system chemicals.
Storage of luggage, cars and airline tickets is possible at the pick-up station. The customer assumes all risk for damage or loss of items stored.
$90 per person (max $400 per vehicle)
Dishes & cutlery: we always pack 2 extras of each item. Charges will apply for lost or broken equipment.
Extras like wine glasses and teapots upon request.
$50 (pre-reserves an RV with a Generator, please note not all vehicles categories Have a generator option). Payable at rental station, must be reserved at least 7 days prior to travel, cancellations at rental counter not accepted.
$8/day (maximum $96)